Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day wip

Happy Leap Day! One extra day...I know I always wish for extra time, but today doesn't feel like extra. It just feels like a normal Wednesday. It's one extra day before my birthday arrives...keeping me 31 for just a teeny bit longer. That is nice... yay for Leap Day! (I sure turned that around quick, didn't I? hehe)

I still have way more projects on the go than normal. All the fabric I need for finishing has arrived, so that excuse is now gone!
Sparkle - waiting on 5 more blocks, sashing, etc
Aviary 2 - haven't started on the back yet
Baby Swoon - haven't started the back yet
Pips Zig Zag - sandwiched, waiting to be quilted

wip  swoon & zig zag

That is my ironing board. Not that I can iron without moving everything off of it first! Where does the pile go? To the cutting table of course. Then back to the ironing board, etc, etc. It's a vicious cycle!
 Where do you keep your quilt tops/sandwiches?  I hate to fold mine up, so they get draped here once I need the design wall space for something new. Maybe this is why I prefer to go start to finish on one project!

I am quickly falling behind in curves class. Here is my Scallop quilt so far.

scallop wip

I'm fussy cutting the flower bits. Usually when I try too hard, I suck. So far, this looks like it might work out okay though. Speaking of trying too hard...my seams are not perfect. They are okay. Funny thing is, the best ones are the ones I did when I realised I had 7 mins before Parenthood started last night. Zipped right through them & they are awesome. Sheesh. Also, if you have not been watching Parenthood, you have been missing out. Truth.




I'm off to see some other freshly pieced creations over at Lee's!

5 comments:

  1. Love that swoon and those curves look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curved scallops look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather!
      I hope to finish up the top tonight...and then I think I will have to quilt something. It's really my favourite part of the whole process & wip's are piling up too fast!

      Delete
  3. I love that scallop quilt! I'm really hoping Rachel releases the pattern separately from curves class as I'd love to make myself a scallop quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.