Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Curves Class WIP

Well, here we are, {work in progress} Wednesday again! I have a couple of projects that are waiting in the wings with absolutely no progress lately. My Sparkle quilt is one of those as I am waiting on a fabric delivery to continue with it. Baby Swoon is in the same boat.

What I have been decent at is keeping up with my Curves Class projects. Here is my first improv piece. I made it into a potholder, again, for my sister who likes to cook.
improve potholder
I like it much better than last week's potholder!


My 'Rainbow Road' runner top is finished. I am making it to fit a specific table that my kitties like to sleep on. Here's a peek at the top.

'rainbow road' runner


















It was a good use of my scraps but I don't find improv curves all that enjoyable. Okay, that's probably not true. I think the scrap usage is the part I'm not liking so much. Although long curves with seams every inch or two, half being pressed the opposite way than I needed them was not fun. The throat plate on my machine is raised in the front, it catches every single seam allowance, pressed towards it or open. Pain.in.my...
I am skipping the Christmas Tree Mini project for now but would like to revisit it later on if I can find a good way to save the tutorial before the blog closes shop. If anyone taking the basics class has a plan for saving all the info, could you please let me know? I would really appreciate it!

Precise curves - I love em! My first two tries I found I was pulling the bottom piece too much, stretching it out of shape. This is when I cursed using that circle fabric. I made up some spray starch & tried again, more aware. Worked much better. I have yet to try the pinning method - honestly, I'm not sure I ever will.

drunkard's path

*******
playroom bunting
Happily in my playroom, brightening up our cozy corner
In unrelated news, my Pips Zig Zag quilt is all basted & ready to go! I am trying to hold off on quilting so I can keep up with class, but I'm not sure I can just have it sitting on my ironing board waiting for much longer!


 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you're doing great!! I tried curves last week, just winging it, and it was HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's how I save every blog entry to my own computer: I first open a Word doc....or whatever program you use for that purpose. Then I move into the blog and run my cursor over every pic and text, holding down the mouse key to "highlight" all of it. When it's highlighted, I use the Cntrl "C" keys to copy it, then move back into my open doc and use Cntrl "V" - wait a few seconds and all of it....pics and text and colors fills the doc. Then I save it to my Curves Class folder.
    If you have any questions, just get in touch with me. I'm happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I've never tried curves. I love your precise curves block, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are gorgeous! Definitely worth the headaches if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love all the curves. I'm still super intimidated by them, but I'm seeing so many wonderful projects with curves lately. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.